If you are looking for a bike for racing or just commuting from every day, this GMC Bike Review will help you understand why GMC is among the best brands you should consider. With GMC bikes, you will not only have the opportunity to choose a model that suites your preferences, but will also have the opportunity to buy a custom built bike. The GMC bike brand is preferred by many because of the various benefits their bikes offer.
For instance, the various GMC bike models are specifically built for high speeds, of up to 22MPH, and comfortable riding over long distances. This makes the bikes ideal for exercising. By using drop bars on their bikes, the manufacturer enhances the aerodynamic properties of the bikes, hence reduces wind resistance. The aluminum frame used on the bicycles also makes them lightweight. Based on such benefits of GMC bikes, here is the best GMC bike review.
A Review of Six of the Best GMC Bikes
The various GMC Denali Road bikes included in this GMC Bike Review are some of the most preferred bike types today. After purchasing a GMC bike, you will be provided with an easy to follow manual to help you assemble and customize the bike according to your preferences. While there are various models to choose from, this GMC Bike Review includes six of the best.
The GMC Denali Road Bike is one of the best bikes to buy today, especially for bikers who are new to cycling. In addition to its affordability, the bike has many benefits to offer entry-level bikes, some of which will be discussed in this best GMC bike review. This bike is available in five main color choices, including black and green, black and silver, gold, black and pink as well as yellow and black. Additionally, the bike is also available in several size options, ranging from extra large to extras small frame sizes.
The GMC Denali Road Bike comes with various features, which are designed to offer you a comfortable ride and effort-less cycling. Some of the main features included in this bike include:
- Alloy brake levers and calipers
- It is a 21-speed bike
- The frame is made of aluminum, which makes the bike lightweight
- Comes with high profile Vitesse rims, ideal for racing
- Fitted with 700c, high performance tires
- Not all the color combinations are available for all the frame sizes
Basically, majority of the affordable road bikes are heavy, because their frames are made of steel or iron. Additionally, most bikes within the price range of the Denali Road Bike do not have an aesthetically appealing design. This being the case, this bike is not only one of the best bikes mentioned in this GMC Bike Review, but also features a beautiful design and is relatively affordable. The Denali Road Bike by GMS is also lightweight because its frame is made of aluminum. Additionally, the bike is fitted with a 21-speed, Shimano Revo shifter. The fact that Shimano is a popular entry-level bike brand makes this bike a popular choice.
This GMC Bike Review will not be complete without mentioning the Denali Flat Bar Road Bike by the GMC Manufacturer. The bike is reputed for its lightweight and very durable, aluminum frame. The preference of this bike over other brands and models by many riders across the globe may be attributed to the numerous impressive features, some of which include:
- Alloy brake levers and calipers
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- 21 speed drive train
- Fitted with 700c x 32 tires
- Comes with alloy, high profile Vitesse rims
- Shimano -manufactured shifters
The Shimano shifters used in this bike allow for an easy and more convenient operation, by allowing the rider to shift without having to lift his or her hands off the handle. This feature is also beneficial when it comes to the safety and confidence of the rider, especially at high speeds. Another beneficial feature associated with this bike is the Vitesse, high profile rims, which make the bike ideal for racing. Additionally, these rims also enhance the visual appeal of this bike as they feature a beautiful design. The bike also comes with a water bottle cage, which can help you remain hydrated when riding. The Shimano derailleur components used on the gear system also allow for easy as well as smooth shifting of gears.
The Denali Road Boys Bike, 24-Inch is one of the few bikes that were designed with young kids in mind. The bike is mainly meant for exercising or transportation. Although this road bike is specifically built for younger riders, it has a lightweight aluminum frame and is equipped with a myriad of features and controls. Some of the features that allowed for the inclusion of this bike in this GMC Bike Review include
- Steel fork
- Alloy rims
- Steel crank
- Alloy caliper brake levers
- 21-speed drive train by Shimano
- Rear Deraileur by Shimono
- An alloy cage for holding water bottle
- A lightweight aluminum frame
The smooth and precise shifts reported for this bike may be attributed to the use of superior quality parts, manufactured by Shimono, including the REVO twist shifters. Such components allow for an easy and convenient shifting. Based on this best GMC bike review, this is one of the best and affordable bikes for younger riders today. However, there have been some complaints on the various aspects of the bike, some of which are mentioned below, within the GMC Bike Review.
- Although the various parts make the bike appear sturdy, it can only be used on relatively flat surfaces.
- Some of the standard features that come with the bike need to be replaced for improved efficiency and safety, including brakes and brake levers.
For many reasons, the GMC Topkick Dual Suspension Mountain Bike is a preferred road bike by many riders across the globe. Most of the online product review sites today also list this bike as one of the best dual suspension mountain bikes. In order to feature this bike in this GMC Bike Review, the following features were considered:
- A full suspension
- 21-speed drive train
- A lightweight and strong aluminum frame
- Rear and front Promax disk brakes
- A floating beam suspension design
- Shimano push shifters and derailleur
The use of a floating beam suspension, along with the Zoom suspension makes this bicycle ideal for use in rough terrain as well as for city riding. This suspension applies elastomer technology allow for enhanced and sturdy performance in various riding conditions. The Microshift push shifters used in this mountain bike are connected to Shimano’s TZ-30GS derailleur, allowing for an easy and seamless shifting experience for users of this bicycle. Since the bike may be used in various terrain conditions, it is fitted with 700 x 25C Kenda tires for improved grip. The bike is considered to be heavy duty, hence is fitted with rear and front Promax disk brakes. This type of braking system is considered to be more efficient, as compared to rim brakes, when used on bicycles.
- Efficient braking
- High quality ad decent construction
- Offers and efficient and comfortable riding experience
- Does not allow for the adjustment of handle bar height
- Appears to be a bit heavy
The inclusion of the GMC Denali Pro Road Bike in this GMC Bike Review was because of the many beneficial features it has to offer, as compared to other bike brands within its category. For instance, the bike has a 56cm, lightweight aluminum frame and is fitted with a 16-speed drive train. The bike also comes with aluminum wheels, which also make the bike lighter. Additionally, the Pro Road Bike is fitted with an integrated shift lever that allows for easy and convenient operation. Some of the features that make this bike one of the best GMC bike review include:
- Lightweight, about 32.9 pounds
- A 16-speed drive train
- Aluminum frame, which makes it lightweight
- Stainless steel spokes and aluminum rims
- Fitted with 700×25 tires
- Comes with toe clip pedals
- Integrated shift and brake levers
- There have been complaints on the durability of the tires on this bike
- Some users say that the paddles on this bike feel cheap
The GMC Denali Pro has been praised by its users on various forums, especially when it comes to its capabilities and features. For instance, most of the users say that the bike is very easy to assemble, using the manual provided by the manufacturer. The integrated brake/shifter leaver is another feature that makes this bike one of the best in this GMC Bike Review. The bike is also faster that most of the bikes within its category and is more sturdy.
Fat bike is a category of bicycles that has relatively larger tires. Such tires allow the rider to use the bike in a wide range of terrains and road conditions. For the purpose of this GMC Bike Review, the GMC Yukon Fat Bike Mountain is one of the best fat bikes in the market today. The rigid construction of this bike makes it ideal for use in various conditions, including snow, sand and mud. With larger tires, you can easily ride the bike through such conditions without getting stuck. Being one of the best GMC bike reviews in this list, the following are some of the features that make the bike better than other brands in its category:
- Disk brakes
- Aluminum frame
- Front suspensions
- 26-inches sized tires
- Comes with a 7-speed shifter by Shimano
- The bike is convenient for use in almost any bike riding condition
- Can ride through mud and sand without getting stuck
- Has an aluminum frame, a feature that is not common with other fat bike brands
- As compared to other bikes in this GMC Bike Review, the Yukon Fat ike MountainB Bike is heavy, weighing about 43.9 lbs.
- It is relatively expensive to buy
The GMC Yukon Fat Bike Mountain Bike is an impressive piece, allowing users to conquer the notorious biking challenges, such as tough terrain, sandy and muddy conditions, with ease. If you are looking forward to buying a fat bike, you should consider getting yourself the GMC Yukon.
What You Need to Consider before Buying a Bicycle
Most of the Road Bike types in the market today have narrow tires and are light in weight. This type of bicycles may not be comfortable for some riders, but bikes in this category are fast. If you are in the market for a new bike, regardless of the type, there are various considerations that you need to make in order to get the best bike. To compile the various bikes mentioned throughout this GMC Bike Review, various things were considered, some of which include:
1. Type of Bicycle
As indicated above, there are various types of bicycles, all of which are suited for different riding conditions. For instance, you may be interested in road bicycles, which fall into several categories like flat-bar road bikes, touring bikes and the conventional road bicycles. In this case, you have to choose the appropriate bike type based on how you intent to use it. Your Choice of the right bike type will also be influenced by the riding conditions. If you are a time-trailer, you may need to opt for the traditional road bicycles because they are lightweight and more aerodynamic.
If most of your riding will be on dirt roads, you are going to need a touring road bike. While the design of touring bikes is similar to that of conventional bicycles, it can carry more weight, which makes it the right choice for riders looking forward to carrying heavier loads. You may opt for a Flat-bar Road bike, if much of your riding will be in a town. The Cyclocross type of bicycles, on the other hand are better suited for muddy riding conditions.
2. Bicycle Material
The various types of bikes today are built using different materials. In this regard, you should consider the material used to make the frame of the bicycle you would like to buy. Some of the materials used, in this regard, include:
- Steel – this is the material that is commonly used to make bicycle frames. While steel is strong and durable, it is comparatively heavier. Steel bicycle are mostly appropriate for amateur bikers.
- Aluminum – the popularity of aluminum as a bike building material began in the 1980s, making it one of the material s commonly used to make bike frames. Aluminum is a preferred material by the experienced bikers because of its lightweight.
- Carbon Fiber – Bicycle frames made of this material essentially comprise of numerous fibers that are fused together using glue. The preference of carbon fiber bike frames by bikers today may be attributed to the inability of the material to corrode and it’s lightweight. Additionally, this material is a good shock absorber.
- Titanium – Bike frames made of titanium are not only long-lasting, but also light. However, titanium bike frames are some of the most expensive bicycle frames today.
3. Safety Accessories
Your choice of bicycle should also be influenced by its safety features. In this case, you may need to opt for brands offering various safety accessories, such as gloves and a helmet, like the various bikes listed in this GMC Bike Review.
4. Condition of the Bike Parts
Prior to making your selection, you also need to verify the condition of certain bike parts, such as the tires and brakes. Normally, bike tires can do 1,600 to 3,200 km before getting damaged. As such, you should ensure that the tires and brakes are in good conditions for enhanced safety.
5. Your Own Preferences
A considerable number of bike buyers today are buying bicycles to satisfy a desire to own one. In this case, you also need to consider your preferences in such aspects as the bike design and color.
Where Can You Buy These Bikes?
While there are several stores that specialize in selling the various types of bicycles, many bicycle owners can attest to the fact that buying your bike online is more convenient and easier. If you are planning on buying any of the bicycle type described in this GMC Bike Review, you should consider buying online. Again, not all the online stores are the same; some are superior to others, with regards to ease of use, safety and affordability. Amazon is one of the best places you can buy your bike from. Buying through am has numerous benefits to offer bike owners, such as:
- Convenience – Amazon allows you to do your shopping without leaving your house. Not only is this convenient, but will also save you fuel and energy you would have used to collect your bike from a store.
- Safety – As compared to other online shopping sites, Amazon is more secure. Since you will be sharing sensitive information, such as credit card information, you need to use a site that can guarantee the safety and security of your information and money.
- Flexibility and Variety – While Malls and local stores may have working hours, Amazon allows you to do your shopping at any time of the day or night. With a working computer and internet, you can access a multitude of offers on Amazon and make your preferred selection. This variety makes it easier for you to compare various items and select the best.
- Amazon Reviews – After making a purchase on their website, Amazon allows consumers to go back and post a review of the product they bought. Having a look at such reviews before making your purchase will help you understand how satisfied other users were with the product. This will also help you make an informed bike shopping decision.
As illustrated in this GMC Bike Review, there are numerous types and brands of bicycles to choose from today. Depending on how you would like to use your bike, some bike types will be more appropriate than others. The guidelines and tips provided in this review will help you make an informed decision, regarding the right type of bicycle to buy. Again, the review also features some of the best bike brands in the various bicycle categories. This will make it easier for you to buy nothing, but the best. Once you have decided on which bike to buy, visit Amazon and browse through the various bike offers and buy the one that meets your requirements. Buying from Amazon is easy, safe, cheaper and more convenient as the bike will be delivered to your doorstep.